Bass Battles Rules and FAQ
Rule #1 Safety first and have fun
– wear life jacket with kill switch attached when big motor is running
– contact Bobby 503-550-1852 for any emergency situations and advise at any point leaving the water is necessary.
– Use courtesy 25 yard rule from other contestants
– All protests must be brought to the Tournament Director prior to the conclusion of weigh in
– all bass must be kept alive in an aerated live well and the use of non-puncture culling markers is strongly encouraged
– no culling of dead fish
– dead fish penalty is .5 lb
– 5 bass limit – any size
Social Media/ Information
– Social media may be used during Bass Battles events
– phone usage is permitted but not encouraged when running on plane
– Solicitation of information from any non-participating angler on the water is prohibited and grounds for disqualification
– Participation in Bass Battles automatically assumes approval to use interview and on the water video coverage of you, your boat, and tow vehicle. ANY EXCEPTIONS to this must be communicated in writing, email, or text message prior to tournament day 1 blast off.
Q- Do I pay entry fees in each round?
A – No. Bass Battles entry fee is paid at the seeding event only. All prize money is distributed from the initial entry fee.
The only exception to this is the consolation bracket for 8 anglers not finishing in the top 16. $50 entry for Consolation Day 2 Bracket is optional for participation.
Q- Will I have a non-boater fishing from my boat?
A- No. The non-boater division is a separate event. If you would like to volunteer yourself and boat for this event, Contact All.Star.Bass.Fishing@gmail.com
Q- How does the seeding event work?
A- Top 16 Day 1 weights advance by place into the head to head bracket format. Day 2 will be 1st place vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, etc.. all placements will be announced after weigh in and social media announcements will take place Saturday evening and Sunday morning via AllStarBassFishing and Bass Battles Facebook Pages
Q- How does TBF qualification work?
A- All Bass Battles anglers must be TBF members to participate. Top angler in Coastal event and top angler in Columbia River event will move to the TBF National Semi-Final as boaters. 2nd place anglers in each Coastal and Columbia River Boater event will also advance with one angler being a boater and one angler being a non-boater in the Semi-Final event. Boater/ Non-Boater selection will be mutually agreed on or a fish-off event will take place to determine the positions.
Men’s and Women’s non-boater brackets will each send one champion to the TBF Semi-Finals as a non-boater.
Q- How does the consolation bracket work?
A- 8 anglers eliminated from the seeding event will have the opportunity to pay and addition $50 entry to participate in head to head battles for a separate prize. This bracket is NOT eligible for TBF Semi-Final qualification or the prize money from Seeding Event Entry Fees. Winners from the head to head battles will move on and fish again April 28 to determine the Consolation Bracket winner.